Decred is a cryptocurrency that was launched and created in February 2016. This digital coin is an improved version of the Bitcoin, that combines both the Proof of Stake and the Proof of Work. Accordingly, the Decred is the first privacy-focused coins which hit the market a couple of years ago. It uses a unique and hybrid consensus mechanism to make sure that there is a perfect balance between the users and the miners. Hence, aiming to become the leading and most powerful digital coin after Bitcoin.
Being one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the digital community, it is good to know that right now, there is already a relatively huge provider in terms of the Decred wallets. Some of the best Decred wallets for 2019 are already out and ready for grabs in the market today. Basically, if you are a Decred holder, you need to have a secure wallet which will adhere to all your needs, while at the same time will give you optimal security.
Best Decred Wallet and Its Features
Take a look at the latest and most updated best Decred wallets in 2019 in order for you to compare and choose the best features that will adhere to your needs.
- Decredition Wallet – This kind is a desktop wallet that supports storage for Decred. It has a specific official Decred graphical user interface that has been around since the creation and launching of Decred. Accordingly, this kind is an open-source wallet that has gradually improved when it comes to its features over the years. As of its latest update, it has been learned that the wallet now offers great features that involve sending, storing, and receiving Decred. This desktop wallet is always ready for use when it comes to computers having Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Decred Wallet Ledger – This is otherwise known as the Ledger Nano S wallet. Having known as the best and most popular hardware wallet, this kind will safely store your Decred tokens. In order to complete any kind of transaction, this wallet will simply require both the physical and the digital inputs. Hence, theft will find it hard to steal your digital assets stored in this wallet. Further, your PIN is protected and encrypted, and this means, you can always back up and recover your personal PIN. One of the best features of this Decred wallet ledger is the fact that it supports more than 1000 of digital currencies and has further proven its performance in the crypto market.
- Decred Command Line Wallet – This is another open-source type of wallet that is considered to be the most user-friendly. It is very easy to set up as there also some guides of installation that you can download online. Further, one of the advantages of using the Decred Command Line type is the fact that you can forgo the charges that are necessary on staking pools. This wallet also has a feature which will unlock your wallet and have it connected to a PC and into a network most of the time.
- Exodus Wallet – This has been always one of the popular choices of the crypto market investors. It is known for having the most fantastic features and has given users the best kind of transaction experience. Accordingly, the Exodus wallet has been developed and enhanced over a period of time. It provides users with encryption of both the private keys and the transaction data. It also has a recovery feature that allows you to do it in one single click. Exodus is compatible with desktop operating in Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Atomic Wallet – This is otherwise known as a universal wallet that supports around 300 kinds of digital coins. Aside from storing your Decred, this wallet also enables users to buy and sell crypto coins directly from your wallet by using the exchanges. This wallet is available in all kinds of an operating system for the desktop. Meanwhile, users can also use this wallet for both Android and iOS mobile phones. So far, this has been considered as one of the best choices when it comes to your Decred token storage.
Things to Look for in Selecting Decred Wallets
Basically, there are certain factors to consider when trying to look for the most suitable Decred wallet for you. Check out the list below to give you more insights into what wallet to choose.
- Ease of Use – This is the most basic factor that you need to take into account. Make sure that selecting the wallet for Decred will give you the best user experience especially when making transactions. Always see to it that the wallet will work best into your desktop or mobile phone.
- Security Feature – Always look for a wallet which has the best and improved security feature. It is important to make sure that your digital assets are safe while it is being stored. Most of the highly-recommended wallets require users to have a two-way factor authentication. By doing so, you can be sure that your assets will be safe from being stolen.
- Compatibility – With the different kinds of wallet that is available in the market today, make sure to look for a wallet that is compatible with your computer and phone. This is to make sure that compatibility issues won’t hinder your time from doing certain transactions.
Nowadays, there a lot of Decred wallets that users can choose from. If you are looking for a safe and secure wallet option, then, make sure to consider the above-mentioned tips for you. To select the right Decred wallet will also allow you to keep your digital asset safe from the hands of curious hackers and thefts. When you prefer the full functionality of a desktop wallet, then, you can simply have it downloaded and install it your computer. On the other hand, when trying to look for a wallet that is offline, then, selecting the most popular hardware wallet could be your best option. Just remember, always select the Decred wallet that will always adhere to what you need the most!