During the second day of the conference in the TOKEN2049 in Hong Kong, Justin Sun, the TRON founder and CEO, has made announcements regarding his plans and progress for the upcoming quarters of 2019. He presented the progress report of his company as he spoke in front of the huge audience and has even revealed his better plans in the remaining months of this year.
A report from the CrytoGlobe highlighted the presentation of the TRON founder and everyone was just amazed at the TRON’s current status. These are some of the progress stated by Justin Sun during his presentation at the TOKEN2049;
- In the last 14 days, the average number of daily transactions was roughly 3.3 times that of the Ethereum.
- The number of mainnet accounts is 2.6 that of EOS, even though the EOS was launched one month before the TRON.
- More than 6000 of smart contracts have been established even though the TRON’s smart contract platforms were only launched in November 2018.
- 186 decentralized applications (DApps) according to DappRadar and 255 according to DappReview were established. The TRON founder was also confident that there will be more than 2000 DApps by the end of this year.
- The BTT token launched on the Binance Launchpad was sold out in only 40 minutes.
- BitTorrent has over 100 million active users per month, and he believed that it has over one billion devices in terms of installations that includes all users in 138 countries.
Plans for the Q2 and Q3 of 2019
Having known about the progress of the TRON, the entire audience was also excited as to the upcoming plans that Justin Sun is giving to the public. During his presentation, he further elaborated the better plans he had in mind and the CryptoGlobe has reported some of these important points.
- TRON is launching the BTT token in Bit Torrent Speed.
- The BitTorrent Live is finally been built that includes the basic view, broadcast, gift, and other important features to be implemented in only 10 weeks.
- Tether and TRON announced its collaboration with the aim of launching the TRON-based USDT.
- An improved Privacy Support is also expected to be announced this year which include shielded transactions similar to those which are offered in the Zcash.
- The BitTorrent FileSystem is expected to be announced in Quarter 3. This is the company’s goal to be the best-decentralized storage solution in the market.
- Improved scalability and speed through the TRON’s layer 2 solutions will be released in the Quarter 2. The founder aims to offer a continuously improved sidechain that will give users unlimited capacity expansion of the main chain.
Having all these announcements heard straight from the TRON founder, the audience was astonished by the statistical data presented by Sun. Moving forward, he also revealed that he is eyeing to launch the 2,000 DApps on its blockchain by the end of the year. Apparently, there are lots of upgrades that are in store for the market this year.